Thursday, January 24, 2008

buttons: the overlooked accessory

I just lost a beautiful knotted leather button off a sweater that has 17 of those same buttons on it - well, now 16.
I am not usually one to replace lost buttons. I usually just safety pin it in a rush on my way out the door. A 1-inch diameter knotted brown leather button, however, can not simply be replaced by a safety pin; I don't even need the button to be functional down there on the bottom of my sweater, I just need it to be pretty. An accessory.

I do often use buttons: but only in my line of one-of-a-kind earrings and necklaces. Buttons make great beads. And in the years I've spent rummaging through sewing store button bins, I don't recall coming across many brown leather knotted ones. Maybe cause those are the ones on the full price shelf.

If you have any leads, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment