Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!


Dear readers,

I hope 2010 brings you goodness, grace and style galore.

I am making a resolution to only make vintage, second-hand or Made-In-Canada fashion purchases this year, in addition to clothes swapping. Wanna join me?


A new initiative from the city of Montreal will make it easier to buy local fashion while supporting local retailers. Montrealfashionmap.com is an interactive map that encourages supporting the local fashion scene. There's still a bunch missing, but designers can send their info to the Ville de Montreal to be added.

[Not convinced that second hand shopping is worth the work? Here's a glance at my New Year's Eve dress - I've worn it ever New Year's eve since 2005. It's a hand-sequined haute couture body-hugging mini, complete with snaps to hold in your bra straps (!)... I got for $5 at Value Village.]

Happy New Year,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment