Monday, April 27, 2009

Derby Madness

Whew! I have just barely recovered from Beast of the East, the Roller Derby Tournament that was held here in Montreal this past weekend. And I was a vendor - I can't imagine how the players are feeling! I had front row seats from my vendor's table and couldn't peel my eyes away from the action - I am officially a derby fanatic. I took a ton of photos and I am posting my favourites here.



Before I go on and on about how much I love Roller Derby, I am going to reveal the mysterious Edible Bling:

Bittersweet Chocolate Truffles coated in Edible Silver Leaf!



We sold them in the bleachers at the game and they were a big hit. The next batch will be featured at Fresh Off The Press.

I also launched the Brazen Design Roller Skate Pendant, modelled here by a hot La Racaille player:



Montreal's three teams La Racaille, Les Filles du Roi and Les Contrabanditas kicked ass at the tournament, all ending up in the top four spots - La Racaille took 1st, after coming in second last year.



Though you couldn't pay me to play (spectacular spills and massive thigh bruises are a common sight in roller derby) I still want a Roller Derby name and number. Some of my favourites names were Lunchbox, and Splat Benatar. Favourite numbers were Pi, Dirty 30 and 24/7.



I am debating between Bootylicious and Heatlamp. For a number, I think I'll go with 925 cause that is the number for sterling silver. Send me your ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wing-ding of a great time Raych; I for 925 as your number and Heatlamp is surely your name... see you soon...

    ReplyDelete