Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Great Divider: The Ankle Boot

You may remember my 2008 New Year's resolution to not purchase anything other than food and toilet paper and the like for a whole year. I made it through with only a few cheats which I feel were totally justifiable: 3 pairs of dirt cheap strappy sandals when I was in the U.S this summer, an m0851 wallet I blogged about , and a pair of Italian leather driving gloves so I can keep biking into the fall (which added up to what I would spend on a bus pass for a month).

And now...I have just made my first purchase of 2009. The Ankle Boot.


Ankle boots divide people - you either love 'em or hate 'em. If you are like me, and love them, now is the time to get a pair. Everything is on sale, and they are seeing the end of their most recent incarnation. They come in and out of fashion every five years or so but are a classic look that never looks at odds when paired with current trends, be they skinny jeans, pencil skirts or shorts-over-tights.

I got these from Maritz, 123 Laurier Ouest. They were half off of $160 and the last pair of 7s. They are a very soft caramel brown and the heel has a nice curve on the inside that gives them a very soft silhouette. And lo' and behold, when I brought 'em home it turned out the Mister was a lover and not a hater!

No comments:

Post a Comment